Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Writing Group

I'm just waiting for the ladies in my writing group to arrive. This is a weekly ritual, this writing together, and one I wouldn't miss for all the writing time in the world. There is something about the time we spend together that is more inspiring than anything else I do. That includes long walks along the ocean or hot spa style baths or fast invigorating music. Well, maybe my life just isn't that inspiring, but I don't think so. I think that belonging to a group of like minded women is special. We encourage each other, we're each other's cheering section, we catch each other when those pesky rejection letters turn worse than pesky, we rejoice when they turn to acceptance. We read each others' writing with critical eyes, we read each others' writing with love. There's nothing like it. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment