Thursday, January 20, 2011

too swamped to write


It's a complaint I hear from students all the time, and one I'm tempted to succumb to myself right now. But NO. I won't let it happen. Today I make a pledge. No matter how busy term gets, how much marking there is to do, how many more places I have to ferry my son, how low we get in groceries or how dirty my house gets, Friday afternoons are mine. Families have survived dirty houses and students can wait half a day more for their papers back, but I will go crazy if I don't get my writing time. It's a pledge.

Mustache courtesy of Tracey Brailsford and family. They always know how to keep things light.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I'd read this post before yesterday's writing group--I would have quoted you to yourself! I've made similar pledges in the past and had much difficulty honouring them. In fact, I'm pledgeless at the moment. :)

    ReplyDelete