Monday, July 19, 2010

summer blogging

Truth is, it's hard to sit down at the computer on a sunny summer day to blog. I'd rather be outside digging up the potatoes or walking along the beach, or having a quick swim at a lake. That's the problem with living in a climate like this. Ten months of the year it's cool and it's okay to sit inside, but those two months of warm weather, you just gotta get out there. And I want to not only for my sake, but also for my kid's sake. Anything to take him away from sitting in front of the tv or computer. So out we go. And, to be honest, I'm happy to give up my writing life for those fleeting summer moments. Who can say no to a mid summer picnic on the beach in the company of loved ones? Or a day at the river watching growing kids swim? Or an afternoon browsing the pictures at the Moss Street Paint in? Not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment